- Added a comprehensive tutorial. Actually, I added it a little while ago, but didn't announce it till now.
- Added an Items Report to show items marked up with the
- Added the
<checkbox-list> tag to generate a list of passages with checkboxes, and reproduce those checkboxes (see Keywords).
returnto link keywords to generate "Return to X" links
- 2022-07-01 (Keyword tracking)
- Added a keyword tracking system using the
<keyword> tag. Keywords can be viewed on the Keyword Report.
- Added a
<keywords> tag to generate a list of story keywords with checkboxes (see Keywords).
- Added a viewer for the current story JSON (view)
- Line-breaks inside a template call (
<template>) no longer generates an error.
- A multi-line Sugarcube blockquote (lines prefixed with
> ) now adds a break at the end of each line.
- Fixed a bug where exporting to a Twine save file could create phantom blank passage tags
- Added a playable preview mode, where only one passage at a time is shown
- A passage preview now appears on the passage edit screen, as well as a link to a single-page PDF containing just that passage. The passage edit screen also shows how much space will be taken up by the passage in pages and millimeters.
- 2022-05-24 (Template System)
- Significant update to release the Templating System, which allows you to create re-usable html templates in your game.
breakbefore tag was ignored on
frontmatter passages, but is now supported
- Moved the CSS editing area to a dedicated screen that also allows you to edit the Story Stylesheet
stylesheet tagged passages are now added to story_css instead of settings_css
- gb-templates are now exported in twee
- Fixed a bug preventing passages with
backmatter_x tags from appearing at the end of the document.
- Added a function to renumber an entire story, in case a gap has appeared.
- Added the
<page-before> tag to force a page of content before a passage.
- Fixed a bug where importing directly from a Twine save file did not convert
' into single quotes.
- Fixed a bug where
''text'' did not convert to bold
- Fixed a bug where exported passage text encoded apostrophes as
', but passage titles encoded it as
', which could cause a link to fail if the Twine export was re-imported into Gordian without going through Twine first.
- Fixed a bug where passages with two external links could add an
i to the start of the link address.
- You can now view passage ranges in PDF mode indvidually, or view just the front and back matter without the contents.
- Added a page on generated html, describing all the html output by GB and its default styles.
- Added notes to the workflow page about how to fine tune PDF layout and image placement.
- Major internal change to the application structure — no effects should be visible to users.
- Improved regex for automatic capitalisation of
Turnto as a link name to force a capital T in "Turn to X" links.
- The passages save screen now shows the timestamp of the most recent save.
- 2021-09-29 (WritingFantasy Compatibility)
- Gordian is now compatible with the tags used in WritingFantasy. Added
fixednumber_ tags. Also added # as a link name that produces a bare number link.
- Added support for multiple
backmatter passages, placed before
- Added support for Harlowe's "no-formatting" marker (one or more backticks).
- Gordian can now directly import Twine Archive exports, Twine game files, and Twine saves.
- Now supports the 'last' tag, which causes a passage to be placed at the end of the story. Multiple tagged passages will be placed at the end in the order encountered.